nicole rademacher

Friday, June 20, 2008

Dudando el momento....


Yep more video art watching for me. I guess now that I have finished the thesis I feel the need for more inspiration. Spanish artist Amparo Sard. The title of the piece is Dudando el momento perfecto (Questioning the perfect moment). It is an eight minute uninspiring, cliché video. Predictable and boring. Pretty to watch, but there is no suspension of reality. You almost immediately are given a wide shot where you can see that a large aquarium was constructed as the set. I never felt the suspension. I got more from reading the synopsis than watching the video. And, yes. I did sit through and watch the whole 8 minutes.
Ah, well. Better luck during my next video art watching venture. I think I will work on some of my own stuff now.

No comments: